Monday, July 23, 2012

Long time no write.

So, it's been a while, and I have a day where I am forced to do nothing, so I decided I would stop neglecting this blog and tell you a bit about my weekend.

Saturday was my niece Hannah's 1st birthday party, which was a blast...While I was there. I ended up going to the ER in Bristol, CT to get my head checked for a killer chronic headache I had since Wednesday.

You know, it's interesting how when things go very differently from what I expect I tend to get this very weird out of body experience. I remember thinking that something could really truly be very wrong, and that feeling of dread and fear filling my stomach was an indicator that I had no control over the situation. However, it felt very distant and unreal for a while. It wasn't until I was in a bed waiting to meet with the doctor for a CAT scan did I realize that this really was happening to me, and there was nothing I could do.

Now, I'm going to get all allegorical on you for a moment. But really, isn't that how life is most of the time? We kind of trudge through life, not thinking that something could ever go wrong, and when it does, we tend to refuse to believe that something drastic or sudden could ever happen to us.

Or, that's how I am anyway.

You know, I truly believe that God puts situations in our lives for a reason. I think a recurring theme of this blog has been about my struggle to trust God, and this was just another step in my journey of learning how to do just that. I remember praying in that hospital room, over and over again for nothing to be wrong with me, but I don't think that was the point. Finally I got the courage to say that even if something were to be really wrong, (brain bleed, tumor, ect) that God would give me the strength to get through it. And at that moment, "Peace that surpasses all understanding" (Phil. 4:7) flooded through me. (And yes, this was before the percocet.)

Now, after we had gotten the results of the scan, saying that everything in my brain was normal, of course there was relief. However, I am slowly being taught the lessons that not everything goes your way in life. Regardless, God is still good, and God is still sovereign.

Love always,
MS<3

P.S. My husband is the most amazing man ever. I never thought I could laugh so hard in the ER of a hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment