Monday, August 15, 2011

Beyond the trail

     I've been thinking lately, (and as we know, this blog is the result of thinking!) that so many of the things I have aspired to do in my life are already finished. I'm 19 years old, am married to a wonderful man, am going to school to get my degree in Spanish/Communication, I'm leading my own worship team, have my own little apartment, and overall have the life that I've always wanted. Now, don't get me wrong, I *love* where I am in life, and am so thankful and blessed with all of the things I have in my life. But these things that I have been dreaming of for quite sometime are fulfilled, and I'm now placed on a more uncertain path in life. Not unhappy, just uncertain. I don't know what my future holds, I never have, but now I'm not even sure of what I *want* my future to hold. I guess that's not a bad thing because I won't have expectations of things that may never happen.

     Uncertainty leads to a lot of fear and anxiety for me personally, and I know that I mentioned this verse in my last post, but it's my favorite so it's bound to come up a lot. :)

"For I know the plans I have for you, 'Declares the LORD', plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

     I don't know what my future holds, I don't even know what I want it to hold at the moment, all I know is that when life seems uncertain, I don't need to worry that my life will spin out of control. It's such a hard thing for me to believe at times, but when the grace of God permeates my soul, I can believe it, and in that I am comforted.

<3 MS

No comments:

Post a Comment